Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Tequila Sunrise
My friend Emily has always been a great gift-giver. This Christmas she gave me some wine glasses (seen here) and some fancy grenadine to use in cocktails. If you’re not familiar with grenadine, it’s a maraschino cherry syrup. If you’ve ever had a Shirley Temple, you’ve tasted grenadine. On the bottle of this syrup, there was a recipe for a Tequila Sunrise and it sounded right up my alley!
Let’s get to it!
Start by filling your 8-ounce glass halfway with ice.
Pour half of the orange juice in and the tequila.
Top with the rest of the orange juice and stir.
Now slowly pour the grenadine in so that it drizzles down the sides. There’s your sunset! Back in mid-December we had some beautiful sunsets here that looked kind of like this. I’m not sure what caused them, but the sun was a big orange ball among pale pink skies and it was gorgeous.
Top with a maraschino cherry or piece of orange and enjoy the sunset!
Stay tuned for more citrus cocktails this month!
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce grenadine
- orange wedge or maraschino cherry for garnish
- Fill glass halfway with ice and pour in half of the orange juice and the tequila.
- Top with the rest of the OJ and stir.
- Slowly pour the grenadine in so that it drizzles down the sides.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry or piece of orange.