Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Lime Mint Cocktail Trio
As promised, today I am going to share several cocktails to use the Lime Mint Simple Syrup I showed you on Friday. My criteria for these cocktails was that they be quick and not require too many ingredients. Part of the beauty of having this simple syrup in your fridge is that you can whip up a cocktail in no time, it defeats the purpose if you have to use eight extra ingredients to make it!
Let’s get to it!
My friend Carrie turned me on to the Gin Gimlet a few years back. It’s a little sweet and combines lime and gin. It’s a great summer drink! I’ve had gin gimlets served up or over ice, this one works best up.
Start by filling a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add your lime syrup and gin and pop the top on.
Shake, shake, shake! Strain into a small martini glass and garnish with a small lime slice.
Frozen Classic Margarita
Frozen margaritas always feel like a great summer cocktail option so I figured it was about time I had a recipe in my arsenal.
Add ice, lime syrup, triple sec, and silver tequila. Blend that until it’s completely smooth.
I think salt is a nice touch with a classic margarita, so rim your margarita glass with your lime wedge and dip it in a plate of coarse sea salt.
Now pour your margarita into the glass and enjoy. So refreshing!
Vodka Lime Spritzer
I have to admit vodka is not my go-to spirit to use in cocktails, I just find it doesn’t have as much flavor as others. I thought that neutral flavor would be perfect for this though! Fill your glass with ice. Pour in half of the sparkling water, lime syrup, and vodka. Top with the rest of the sparkling water.
Give it a good stir and garnish with a lime wedge. Sip with a straw and enjoy!
So there you have it, my cocktail trio using the same Lime Mint Simple Syrup. Choose your favorite or make all three!
- 3 ounces lime mint simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 cup ice
- 4 ounces lime-mint simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 4 ounces sparkling water
- 2 ounces lime mint simple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add syrup and gin and pop top on.
- Shake and strain into a small martini glass.
- Garnish with a small lime slice.
- Add ice, lime syrup, triple sec, and silver tequila to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Rim margarita class with lime wedge and dip into in a plate of coarse sea salt.
- Pour margarita into the glass and enjoy.
- Fill with ice and pour in half of sparkling water, lime syrup, and vodka.
- Top with remaining sparkling water.
- Stir and garnish with a lime wedge. Sip with a straw and enjoy!