Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed all the chocolate, today is my final Choctober post! Starting the weekend off with something that doubles as a sweet breakfast treat or as a snack to munch on just felt right.
I’ve also been wanting to try peanut butter powder my husband found at the grocery store last month. It’s a great way to get peanut butter flavor into something without adding extra moisture and you should be able to find it in the peanut butter and jam aisle. My first inclination was this chocolate peanut butter granola! Not only does it have cocoa and peanut butter powders in the base, but I’ve also added chocolate chips and peanuts to the mix.
Let’s get this granola party started!
Preheat your oven and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
The method for making this is pretty similar to my other granolas. You’ll start by whisking together the brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until combined. Next whisk in the vegetable oil. To bump up the chocolate peanut butter flavor, you’ll whisk in the cocoa and peanut butter powders.
Now just add your dry stuff! Add the oatmeal and peanuts and stir to get it coated in the liquid. We’ll add the chocolate chips later.
Pour onto the parchment-covered cookie sheet. Press down firmly all the way around. This is going to compress the granola, which will give you those big clumps.
Bake for a total of 45 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through. The granola will be nice and golden when you take it out. It will be a little soft, but have no fear…it’s going to crisp up!
Once it’s cooled break it into pieces in a bowl and pour in the chocolate chips (I used a combination of bittersweet and semisweet). Mix gently (we don’t want all of the chocolate chips to end up in the bottom) and store in a covered container or Ziploc. It’ll stay fresh at least two weeks.
Enjoy with yogurt, in milk, or by the handful!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter powder
- 5 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until combined. Slowly whisk in the vegetable oil. Mix in the cocoa and peanut butter powders.
- Add the oatmeal and peanuts and stir to get it coated in the liquid.
- Pour onto the parchment-covered cookie sheet. Press down firmly all the way around.
- Bake for a total of 45 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through. Once it's cooled break it into pieces in a bowl and pour in the chocolate chip.
- Mix gently and store in a covered container or Ziploc.