Peanut Butter Raisin Cookies
While there are so many things about this pandemic that have just plain sucked, there is something that I am truly grateful for and it’s all the extra time with Angel. If I was working at my old job in the office, I would not be around to see how much she’s growing and changing. She’s a full on kid now, speaking in sentences with her own opinions, and learning more everyday. It does make me sad that our friends aren’t able to come around as often and see this gradual change, but that’s ok. She’ll just be a whole different person when we have our board game nights regularly again someday!
All of this came to mind as I was thinking about the cookie recipe. The first time I made them, it was to bring as a treat to Angel’s last Co-op class at Kindering. Those days seem like such a long time ago (and I guess it was?) now that she’s in pre-school and COVID is here. At the time Angel was obsessed with all things peanut butter (and still is!), and was really into raisins. I realized I hadn’t seen that combo in a cookie before. I’m not sure why, because they were outstanding! The slight saltiness of the peanut butter was offset but the sweet raisins, which also added a nice texture.
Ok, so let’s get to it!
Cream together both sugars and the butter until light and fluffy. I do this in my stand mixer, but a hand mixer would work. Mix in the peanut butter and then add the eggs and vanilla.
Mix it all together until combined. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add that to the rest of the dough and blend until the flour is just mixed in. Now mix in the raisins by hand.
Cover the bowl and put it in try fridge to chill for at least an hour. This ensures the cookies won’t spread too much and will remain chewy.
Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 375°. Cover your cookie sheets with parchment paper. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it into 2″ balls. Place them evenly on the cookie sheets.
Bake 13-16 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
Let them cool a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. As I said before these cookies are amazing! They are are chewy but a little crisp around the edges and the combo of flavors is lovely!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream together both sugars and the butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter and then add the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Add that to the rest of the dough and blend until the flour is just mixed in. Mix in the raisins by hand.
- Cover the bowl and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 2" balls and bake 13-16 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.