Caramel Apple Blondies
I’m so excited to share some apple recipes with you this month! We are in full-on apple season here in Washington so I can’t wait to use all the different varieties. I love fresh apples dipped in salted caramel sauce, so I knew I wanted to create a dessert with those flavors in it. These blondies are just the ticket! I made them for game night last week and people had seconds and even THIRDS! Normally we have a little bit of whatever the dessert is I make left over, but not this time…needless to say they were a big hit!
Ok, let’s get to it.
First preheat your oven.
Start the blondie batter by putting the brown sugar in a bowl. Eventually everything is going to be mixed in this bowl, so make sure it’s big enough. Now pour in the melted butter and stir it together with the brown sugar.
Let that sit to cool a bit while you chop the apple. Peel the apple and cut it into bite-sized chunks. Set that aside.
Now whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
Once that’s all combined, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold it all in until just combined.
Time for the apples! Dump them in and fold until they are mixed in.
Coat a nine by thirteen inch dish with cooking spray. Now evenly spread the blondie batter in the pan.
Time for the caramel! I use my own recipe (minus the scotch) but you can also use whatever salted caramel you like. Put the caramel onto the blondie batter in five or six big dollops.
Now take a fork or knife and run it through the caramel in all directions, creating swirls.
Bake about twenty-five minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (make sure it’s not just caramel ;)).
Let them cool at least fifteen minutes and then devour. These blondies are so amazing! They are chewy and moist like a brownie and have a wonderful apple flavor. The apples are soft and the salted caramel melds with everything and somehow makes them seem less rich.
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large crunchy apple
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together brown sugar and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Peel apple and cut it into bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Coat 9" by 13" dish with cooking spray. Spread blondie batter evenly in the pan.
- Dollop caramel in 5 or 6 piles. Swirl caramel with a fork or knife.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.