Carrot and Broccoli Salad
With spring here, I am hoping that grilling season is just around the corner. With that in mind, I wanted to start off the Carrot Flavor of the Month with a salad (or slaw? I really am not entirely sure I know what makes something a slaw so I went with salad. Anyone else know?). I’m sure many of you have had broccoli salad or carrot and raisin salad. This salad combines the two and adds blue cheese to the mix for something really tasty!
Let’s get to it!
I will say, not only do I love the taste of this salad I also love how easy it is to make! The “hardest” part is just chopping everything. Put the broccoli, shredded carrot, red onion, almond, blue cheese, and golden raisins in a bowl.
Now you’ll make the dressing. In a mason jar add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, and sugar.
Pop the top on and shake until it’s mixed and the sugar is dissolved. You can also whisk it together in a bowl, you guys know how I like my jars though. 😉
This may be more dressing than you need, so start by pouring about three quarters of it onto the salad and stir everything together. Add more dressing if you think it needs it and serve. This salad will last three days in the fridge.
This salad is right on the line between sweet and savory and has plenty of crunch from the broccoli and almonds. We had it with hot dogs and it was great! It would also be perfect paired with some grilled pork chops or salmon.
- 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted and salted almonds
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple sider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Put broccoli, shredded carrot, red onion, almond, blue cheese, and golden raisins in bowl.
- Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour 3/4 of dressing onto the salad and stir together.
- Add more dressing if needed, and serve.