Blue Cheese and Apple Dip
There are some foods I’ve noticed that people either love or hate, but there’s no in between. Blue cheese is definitely one of these polarizing foods. I am in the love category and I hope you are too! I love the funky savory quality it has and enjoy it on a salad that has something sweet in it, on a burger, or pasta. It has such great flavor!
I was daydreaming about food the other day at work and got to thinking about the combination of blue cheese and apples. Earlier in the day I was craving hot bubbly queso dip (this is showing I think about food WAY too much). I figured there had to be a way to combine both of these desires! This dip is the result and I think it’s so tasty! If you’re a blue cheese-lover like I am, this will definitely be a recipe you add to your dip rotation. 🙂
Ok, let’s get to the dip! I contemplated calling this a spread, but thought dip was better. The lines seemed to be blurred on what the difference between the two is, so I’d love to hear your thoughts on this!
Preheat the oven.
In a mixer, blend the Blue Cheese, and cream cheese until smooth. For this dip you’ll want to use a blue cheese that is creamier and less crumbly.
Now add the applesauce and balsamic and mix until combined. I used applesauce I canned last fall. If you’re using store-bought, just make sure it’s not flavored (like with cinnamon) because that will clash with the pungent flavor of the blue cheese.
Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish (I got these at Cost Plus for $5 each!). Bake until it’s bubbling and golden on top, about 12 minutes.
Dip apples and bread slices or crackers. This dip is good hot or cold.
- 8 ounces (1 box) softened cream cheese
- 5 ounces blue cheese
- 1/2 cup plain applesauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- cracker, bread and/or apple slices for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a mixer, blend the Blue Cheese, and cream cheese until smooth. For this dip you'll want to use a blue cheese that is creamier and less crumbly.
- Add the applesauce and balsamic and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish and bake until it's bubbling and golden on top, about 12 minutes.