Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Blackberry Gin Gimlet
My friend Carrie (Hey Carrie!) loves Gin Gimlets and she turned me on to them. If you get a good one made with fresh lime, they are crisp and refreshing, just what you need on a hot summer day. I thought the blackberry gin I made a few weeks ago would be the perfect addition to this drink.
Let’s get our Gimlet on!
We’ll start by mixing together the super fine sugar and lime juice in a bowl. I put a range for the amount of sugar to use in the recipe because it depends on your personal taste. I used 2 teaspoons and liked that there was still some tartness from the lime. However, if you like a sweeter drink use 3 teaspoons. We want the sugar to dissolve completely before putting it in the drink, which is why we use the super fine. You can find it in the baking aisle next the regular granulated sugar.
Now we’ll fill our cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in our infused gin (yum!).
Give the lime juice a final stir to make sure the sugar is dissolved and pour it into the shaker.
Shake, shake, shake!
Pour into your favorite fancy stemmed glass. A clear one is best, so you can enjoy the lovely color.
Add a piece of lime zest for garnish if you’d like.
- 3 ounces blackberry infused gin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons super fine sugar
- Lime zest for garnish
- Mix together the super fine sugar and lime juice in a bowl.
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the infused gin.
- Give the lime juice and sugar a final stir to make sure the sugar is dissolved and pour it into the shaker.
- Pour into your favorite fancy stemmed glass.
- Add a piece of lime zest for garnish.