Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Blackberry Bramble
Welcome to Monday- we made it!
So, last summer I canned a BUNCH of blackberry jam. We have wild blackberries growing within walking distance of our house, so we (and by “we”, I mean my husband) pick a ton of blackberries and use them for as many things as we can think of . One thing we always make is jam and I recently noticed that we still have quite a few jars of the stuff left (spoiler alert: at least 1 more recipe to come in the near future using blackberry jam). I figure, why not make a cocktail with it! It’s a good preview of what’s to come this summer.
First put everything in a cocktail shaker half filled with ice, starting with the blackberry jam. I used homemade jam because that’s what we had, but any blackberry jam or jelly should work. Seedless would be preferred.
Have you guys had Limoncello? It’s an Italian lemon liqueur. You should be able to find it anywhere you would buy liquor (we actually bought a bottle recently at Costco!). I am excited to use it more as the days get warmer.
Put the top on the shaker and shake vigorously.
Pour into 2 martini (or other similar) glasses. My jam has seeds in it, but I didn’t bother straining it. If seeds bother you, strain the cocktail when you pour into the glasses.
- 2 Tablespoons blackberry jam
- 3 ounces (2 shots) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 ounces (1 shot) vodka
- 1.5 ounces (1 shot) Limoncello
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add the Blackberry jam.
- Pour the lemon, Limoncello and vodka over that. Top the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Pour through a strainer into 2 martini (or other similar style) glasses.