Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Fruit Salad
You guys may remember the Fruitcake cocktail I shared around the holidays. This drink is the summertime edition, a little lighter with a different variety of fruit-flavored boozes. It came about when Derek requested I concoct a new drink for him. I know he likes stuff that’s sweeter and doesn’t taste too boozy so I perused our liquor cabinet. I found several fruit liqueurs in the back that we haven’t used much and figured I’d make use of those. I mixed them with some lemon-lime soda and it was tasty! I’ve tweaked the ratios of the spirits to come up with the recipe I’m sharing with you today.
Let’s get to it!
Start by filling your sixteen ounce cocktail glass with ice.
Now fill that glass halfway with lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite Zero to cut the amount of sugar in it, but use whatever you like best). It’s time for the booze! Add the Triple Sec, Raspberry liqueur, limoncello, peach schnapps and black currant.
Top off with the rest of the lemon-lime soda and bitters.
Give it another stir and garnish with a Maraschino cherry, lime wedge or orange slice.
What’s your favorite fruit liqueur?
- 6 ounces lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 ounce limoncello
- 1/4 ounce Triple Sec
- 1/2 ounce Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 Chambord or other raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Cassis
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Fill a 16-ounce cocktail glass with ice.
- Fill halfway with lemon-lime soda.
- Add the Triple Sec, Raspberry liqueur, limoncello, peach schnapps and black currant.
- Top off with the rest of the lemon-lime soda and bitters.
- Give it another stir and garnish with a Maraschino cherry, lime wedge or orange slice.