Don’t Judge Me Mondays: Boozy Rosemary Limeade
I hope you’re all enjoying a day off today in honor of Memorial Day! It’s supposed to be 80 and beautiful here today and I cannot wait!
Now that the weather has warmed I have been craving limeade like crazy. We’ve seen how well rosemary pairs with citrus, so I thought this would the perfect opportunity to share one last Flavor of the Month recipe with you! It uses the rosemary syrup I made awhile back and fresh lime juice for a tart and refreshing drink to enjoy on this lovely day! An added bonus is that it can easily be made as a mocktail also if you have non-drinkers in your crew (I made it that way for the book club ladies and it was a hit!), just eliminate the vodka.
Let’s get our limeade on!
Start by mixing the fresh lime juice and syrup together. I used my 2-cup liquid measuring cup so that I could easily pour it into the glasses. You can also set the mixture aside to chill at this point if you want to make the drinks later.
Fill 4 pint glasses halfway with ice (Actually used mason jars!) Now divide the lime juice and syrup mixture equally among the glasses. Pour a shot (1 1/2 ounces) of vodka into each glass and stir. Now top off each glass with about 6 ounces of sparkling water and gently stir.
Serve with a straw, a slice of lime and rosemary sprig for garnish. This drink is the perfect cooler for a warm day! I should note that I made mine fairly tart. If you like a sweeter limeade, use about a cup of the syrup.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup (1 cup for a sweeter limeade) rosemary syrup
- 6 ounces vodka
- 24 ounces sparkling water
- lime slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Mixing the fresh lime juice and syrup.
- Fill 4 pint glasses halfway with ice divide the lime juice and syrup mixture equally among the glasses.
- Pour a shot of vodka into each glass and stir.
- Top off each glass with 6 ounces of sparkling water and gently stir.
- Serve with a straw, a slice of lime and rosemary sprig for garnish.