Don’t Judge Me Monday: The Getaway
My aunt, uncle and cousin are currently on vacation in Italy. They love to travel and share their experiences. Aunt Caroline sent a picture of their most recent stop- Portofino. This town is in the Italian Riviera and looks like an amazing vacation destination! She said at one of the local cafes, they had a cocktail that had Limoncello, raspberry and champagne in it. Since I won’t be taking an Italian vacation anytime soon, I figured I could make my own version of this cocktail and live vicariously while sipping it.
This cocktail is fairly simple to make…who wants to fuss on vacation after all. 😉
Let’s make some drinks!
This drink is fairly strong, despite its dainty look. However, I feel like we deserve it since it’s Monday (and we’re pretending we’re on vacation, right!).
In a flute or coupe-shaped champagne glass pour the Chambord and Limoncello. Gently pour in the champagne, so that it doesn’t fizz over the sides. You can also use Prosecco if you’d prefer. Just make sure it’s a sparkling wine that’s not too sweet.
Garnish with lemon zest, a fresh raspberry, or both!
- 1 ounce Limoncello
- 1 ounce Chambord or other Raspberry liqueur
- 4 ounces Champagne, Prosecco or other light sparking wine
- Lemon zest and fresh raspberry for garnish
- Pour the Chambord and Limoncello into a champagne glass.
- Gently pour in the champagne, so that it doesn't fizz over the sides.
- Garnish with lemon zest, a fresh raspberry, or both!